Table of Contents
The Mystery of Godliness
1. Jesus referred to Himself as whom? John 3:18
2. How did the apostle John in his gospel introduce Jesus? John 1:1
3. What dwells in Jesus? Colossians 2:9
4. What is Jesus to His Father? Hebrews 1:3
5. How long has Jesus been around? Micah 5:2
6. What names are given to Jesus? Isaiah 9:6
7. What did Thomas call Jesus? John 20:28
8. What is the meaning of the name Emmanuel? Matthew 1:23
9. What is, without controversy, the great mystery of godliness? 1 Timothy 3:16
And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory
as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. John 1:14.
10. Jesus took upon Himself what nature? Hebrews 2:14
God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin
in the flesh. Wherefore in all things it behooved him to be made like unto his
brethren. Romans 8:3; Hebrews 2:17.
11. He took the human nature of whose seed? Hebrews 2:16
Made of the seed of David according to the flesh. Romans 1:3.
12. Did Jesus have to face the infirmities and fierce temptations which come to us?
Who can have compassion on the ignorant, and on them that are out of the way; for
that he himself also is compassed with infirmity. Hebrews 5:2.
For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succour them that
are tempted. Hebrews 2:18.
And needed not that any should testify of man: for he knew what was in man.
13. What was one of the things He had to endure? Hebrews 12:3
14. How did He handle personal abuse? 1 Peter 2:23
15. In His personal life, how much room did Jesus leave for Satan? John 14:30
16. What thought did Jesus say will cheer us in the midst of tribulation? John 16:33
17. At the culmination of a life of victory, what did Jesus do? 1 Peter 2:24
Christ died for our sins. 1 Corinthians 15:3.
Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: who, being in the form of
God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: but made himself of no reputation, and
took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: and being found
in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of
the cross. Philippians 2:5-8.
18. What did He say on the cross which reveals an even greater anguish He had to
For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the
righteousness of God in him. 2 Corinthians 5:21.
19. Christ did all this for us who are what type of people? Romans 5:7, 8
20. What was the whole purpose of His life on earth? Matthew 20:28
For an inspiring prophecy of Christs mission, read Isaiah 53.
In the Light of Gods Word....(Please respond YES or NO)
I understand that Jesus went through all that I experience and much more, yet without sin,
so that I might be freed from sin.
I desire for my life to be compelled by love for Christ who went through so much for me.
Next Lesson: The Worlds Greatest Time Prophecy
Previous Lesson l Table
Contents l Next Lesson